Sunday, October 31, 2010

Wade Kids Academy Carves Pumpkins

We carved pumpkins in class this week. They don't really have your typical jack-o-lantern pumpkin here in Korea. When Kwang and I were living in Portland we would go to the Korean grocery store and see what the store described as "medicine" pumpkins. Well that's what we used to carve at school. It was much squatter and thicker than American pumpkins. It was also a shame to see all of those pumpkin seeds go to waste. Just another baking treat that left me wishing I had an oven.

Here I am with my class of 6 year old students (they're considered 7 here in Korea). Two students were absent that day so it was a nice small class, a good thing when a knife's involved. 

Here's my co-teacher Cathy, working her magic with the girls. 

No comments:

Post a Comment