Saturday, August 7, 2010

Playing Catch Up: My Vacation in Vietnam

Ahh vacation and even better, vacation in Vietnam. I had pretty limited knowledge of this country before coming with most of my exposure being limited to the Travel Channel, Anthony Bourdain, and the Vietnam War in 20th century history class. I was ready to dive in. 

My friend Alyssa met me in Ho Chi Minh City. Her flight was delayed 5 hours so we stumbled into our hotel in District 1 around 4 am. We were scheduled for a boat tour of the Cu Chi Tunnels at 8:30am so with around 4 hours of sleep we woke up to find the city looking like this. Motorbikes rule the street with the occasional taxi and bus navigating through the wake. 


Across the street a veranda makes me wish that my apartment in Seoul even vaguely resembled this scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment