Sunday, January 30, 2011

Strawberry Rhubarb Pie in Seoul...no joke!

I stumbled upon this little bakery in Seoul called Tartine located in Itaewon. I had walked by the bakery late at night and was practically drooling as I looked into the window filled with mini pies. To my shock they had a strawberry rhubarb pie. I knew I had to come back and see if it was the real thing.

This afternoon while Kwang was sleeping off a cold I ventured out of the house and decided to hit up Itaewon for the afternoon. I brought back this amazing looking strawberry rhubarb pie. From Tartine's website they claim that it's the only bakery serving rhubarb in the country and I believe them. I've yet to find rhubarb for sale though just yesterday I did find celery which is also extremely rare. After heating up the pie and wishing I had some vanilla ice cream to dob on top, I finally was able to sample this rarity of home. Nothing beats the tartness of rhubarb with the sweetness of strawberry. If you have a hankering Tartine is a place to go check out. Their window case was also filled with the likes of banana creme pie, pecan pie, berry pie, bread pudding, chocolate cream pie,  key lime pie, lemon meringue pie and butter tarts, some sort of Canadian specialty. 

1 comment:

  1. Indeed no joke the prices they're charging!

    ReplyDelete